Senior Accountant, Assurance and Accounting - Public Companies
POSTED 3 months AGO
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our growing Public Companies team. Working with public companies to help them thrive in any market, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm for this dynamic sector. Regardless of company size or the industry in which it operates, our team of trusted advisors helps public companies comply with complex regulatory requirements, information security issues, growing shareholder expectations, privacy matters and investor relations. Our customized solutions are specifically designed to mitigate risk, improve performance and operate more efficiently. Registered with the Canadian Public Accountability Board (CPAB) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) ensures our team adheres to the highest quality auditing standards in the industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Conduct compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
• Verify and test financial statements and corresponding notes
• Apply knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or Accounting
Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE)
• Respond to client questions and queries
• Raise identified technical issues with manager or engagement partner
• Prepare professional correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations
outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
• Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles
and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
• Develop and maintain relationships with client management
• Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
• Raise awareness of MNP at community events
• Lead engagement teams while coaching and mentoring junior team members
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance
major is preferred)
• Completion of CPA designation or working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
designation; completion of CFE examination and working towards relevant practical experience
requirements will also be considered
• Two (2) to four (4) years of accounting related experience in public accounting working on public
• Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises
(ASPE), and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or United States Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP)
• Demonstrate an ability to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Ability to travel to clients and other MNP regional offices as required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
• Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards
contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
• Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of
productivity and a balanced lifestyle
• Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences
and is respectful of individual differences
• Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing,
conversations and interactions with others
• Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous,
responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
• Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to
achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both
inside and outside the Firm
• Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking
progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision
• Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to
work independently or as part of a team.
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
Here is your chance to stand out. Tell MNP what makes you the perfect fit for the role. You can also use an existing pitch to apply to multiple positions.
What excites you about this position?
What unique skills or experience are you bringing to the team?
— Need more inspiration? Check out an example pitch.