Global Risk Management Associate
Toronto , ON
POSTED 5 months AGO
Scotiabank has a strong, well established centralized risk management culture and its effectiveness is fundamental to Scotiabank’s success. As such, it is one of our key strategic priorities with the primary goal of ensuring that the outcomes of risk-taking activities are predictable and consistent with our strategies and risk appetite, and that there is an appropriate balance between risk and reward.
In order to maximize shareholder returns, GRM balances sound judgement, effective tools, considerable management input & prudent oversight. Our greatest strength is the expertise and commitment of high-performing employees.
The GRM Associate Program is a one-year rotation, with four optional streams: Credit Risk, Retail Credit Risk Analysis, Enterprise and Market Risk, and Quantitative Modelling, based in Toronto and involves three four-month rotations.
Opportunities will be posted at select campus career centres during the months of August and September.
As a GRM Associate you will:
• Learn the design and application of Scotiabank’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
• Develop your leadership skills and create relationships with people across the departments and geographies.
• Have hands-on experience and interaction with senior executives through rotations, mentoring, special projects
and organized events.
• Build your own career path tailored to your individual needs; considering your education, experience, and soft
skills along with the business requirements and demands within Global Risk Management.
• Receive one-on-one coaching and training, related to your career choice.
Here is your chance to stand out. Tell Scotiabank what makes you the perfect fit for the role. You can also use an existing pitch to apply to multiple positions.
Remember, you have up to 33 seconds to make an impression.
Be professional, use appropriate language and dress smart.
Don't forget to smile!