$24 an hour
At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
• Supports the operations of S122, S222 (Trent U) and Post-Graduate Nursing Certificate Programs.
• Performs and supports the routine activities associated with the cyclical nature of academic operations, such as orientation, start up, database, SWFs, and timetabling.
• Arranges draft agendas, prepares related background material, takes minutes and follow up on action items from meetings in a timely manner.
• Required to identify, refer, and communicate issues to other appropriate departments for resolution.
• Manages calendars, meeting bookings, note taking, and letters.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of the College, policies, procedures, programs and organizational structures.
• Participates in projects and other work related to the School as assigned
• Organizes an efficient and effective tracking system for the Chair/Operations Manager by designing and maintaining an effective retrieval system for College documents and a timely follow-up system.
• Student Advising
• Assist with office administrative functions, for example: front desk coverage, filing, mail distribution, supplies orders, catering orders, etc.
• Perform other related office duties as assigned.
What qualifications do you need for this role?
• Applicants must have a three-year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in Office Administration or Business administration or equivalent.
• Office administration and customer service experience is required, along with the ability to work in a busy, active work environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, strong attention to details, excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills are required.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and display good judgment and have excellent problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision; strong time-management skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated commitment in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and our College.
• Strong communication, collaboration, teamwork and people skills.
• Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
• Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
Interview process may consist of a practical skills component.
• If you are a George Brown College employee, go to https://adfs.georgebrown.ca/adfs/ls/IdpInitiatedSignOn.aspx to apply via our internal site.
• If you are an external candidate, go to www.georgebrown.ca and click on the “Employment at George Brown” link or click on the ‘apply’ button to the left of the posted job to apply.
• Please ensure your resume highlights all relevant education, training and experience that are applicable to the minimum qualifications for this role.
• The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
• First consideration will be provided to regular part time (PRT) support staff in accordance with the part time Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Here is your chance to stand out. Tell George Brown College what makes you the perfect fit for the role. Here's how to get the most out of your video pitch:
Record an awesome pitch about yourself, your experiences and what you bring to the table.
MAKE SURE your pitch can be used for multiple companies and jobs.
Why? So you can easily apply to any job on the platform quickly and easily. A real one click apply!