POSTED 2 months AGO
Here's what you need to know about our Finance team: We guarantee you have never met a more collaborative, high energy and high performing finance team than the one at BlueCat. We are a big group that has grown and developed into the heroes of all things numbers for our organization. We keep everything running efficiently and balanced- that's how we all get paid! Did we mention we win the Halloween costume competition every year?
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills to join our team. If you have a preference for an aggressive, entrepreneurial company where change happens on a daily basis we are the right place for you. If you want to be challenged in your work and you are passionate about supporting initiatives for existing employees then this role is for you!
- Preparing analytics over changes in balances and variances from prior periods
- Booking journal entries as requested
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist Senior Accountants with the preparation of monthly/quarterly closings
- Assisting with the reconciliations of balance sheet and income statement items including but not limited to fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and inventory
- Documentation of policies and procedures, as well as processes within the finance department to allow for continuous improvements
- Assist with other ad hoc projects as they arise
Skills And Experiences Required
Minimum of 3 years completed at a post-secondary institution and currently enrolled in university or college
- Pursuing a CPA designation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a solutions-oriented approach to challenges
- Advanced MS Excel skills (pivot tables; macros an asset)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Core Values and Overall Characteristics Sought in All BlueCat Employees:
- Curiosity is fundamental to discovery.
- Clarity is essential in effective communication.
- Collaboration is optimal only with challenge and belief.
- Transparency is critical to effective decision making.
- Ownership ensures priorities are addressed.
BlueCat's Brand Attributes
- Courage is required to make our voice heard
- Differentiation will build our brand
- Discovery turns experiences into knowledge
Working at BlueCat allows you to challenge yourself every day. Our culture advocates innovation, continuous learning and work/life balance. Feed your passion, be bold, get inspired and grow with us!
Here is your chance to stand out. Tell BlueCat what makes you the perfect fit for the role. You can also use an existing pitch to apply to multiple positions.
Remember, you have up to 33 seconds to make an impression.
Be professional, use appropriate language and dress smart.
Don't forget to smile!